I Thought She Was Dead! - Christmas 2019

It's that time of year again: Christmas!

Click here for the vlog or see below.

Clearly, I need to get back into vlogging again because I barely recorded anything and these clips don't do it justice in the slightest.

After getting back late of Christmas Eve Eve, I went straight to bed after unloading the car. Christmas Eve was spent doing washing in the morning, before heading to my step-grandma's house for a drop-in Christmas buffer. Having not seen many of that side of the family for a longggg time, it was nice to see them and catch up.

The afternoon was spent getting ready for Christmas with decorating and vegetable preparation. My great aunt and cousin also came over to chat for quite a while. To end the night, one my mum's husband went to bed, we watched The Christmas Prince, both The Royal Wedding and The Royal Baby!

Christmas Day was the same as always but for the first time in a few years, I didn't have to open presents alone! Instead, we opened them all together on Christmas morning and it was my Christmas wish come true. I got so many great presents and will be sharing them all very soon!

The food was amazing as always and what was even better was that everyone stayed afterwards to play board games! It was a first for a long time and it made the day so much better. Grandma left a little earlier as it was getting a little rowdy but other than that, it was so much fun.

For Boxing Day, we headed to Oulton Hall for a fancy £45 per person lunch. It was yummy food but the service was ridiculously poor. After ordering drinks 3 times, we ended up getting them an hour later, after the starters. Luckily, the manager was there and we ended up getting them all for free.

Once home, I made the decision to go to the cinema. The original plan was to see Star Wars and then Jumanji afterwards but unfortunately it was sold out so I couldn't. Star Wars review coming soon but it was really good, although a little slow in parts!

When I got back, it wasn't great. I've lost my key and after repeatedly telling my mother not to lock up, she did and I was locked out for over half an hour. I was ringing everyone as they were all out together on a pub crawl, and then I finally got in touch. I ended up going to my grandma's and getting the scare of my life. I was knocking and ringing the door bell for a long time but with no answer, I decided to walk around the side of the house. From there I saw her slouched in a chair so once again was banging on the window. After about 10 minutes, I decided to try shining the light of my phone and she finally woke up. I started sobbing because I genuinely thought she was dead and I couldn't get in to do CPR and I was going to have to call the fire department and the ambulance and Boxing Day. It was the worst feeling ever, and she just laughed at me when she saw my reaction. Heart breaking.

Finally, it was time for a pyjama day and a chance to catch up on television and work as well. It felt so good to just have a day off to relax...despite doing work simultaneously.

The next day, we had a cousin date which we decided to go for a nice meal and then mini golf instead of buying presents this year. Unfortunately, after the meal, we went shopping, where I bought a couple of nice new jumpers but then after they were too tired to do mini golf and I was so sad!

The next day I headed back to Nottingham. I woke up feeling absolutely rubbish. I was full of cold and had the absolute worst headache. I headed to meet Alice for lunch and then drove back for snuggles with Luke. I had missed him so much and was very happy to be reunited.

The next day, I had a couple of meetings and ended up meeting a lovely customer and her family. On the way home, I headed over to pick Luke up and then we headed back to mine before heading out to a friend's house to bring in the new year. We had a lovely night, playing games and talking. It was lovely to have a loved one to watch the fireworks and celebrate with!