House Leak, Doors Replaced and Goodbye Forever!

Just when I thought life couldn't go any more wrong or get any worse, of course it did. I had some more small steps of utility room renovation progress and said a final goodbye to the love of my life. 

Click here to watch the vlog or see below. 

I got back from my one week holiday to Jamaica and returned to a broken boiler. Luckily, I was able to be talked through fixing it myself without having to pay someone to fix it once again. Of course, the next day I had to try and get the leak in the kitchen fixed. The old builders came out to look but said they couldn't find anything. They did end up resealing the bath, sealing the tile and finally ordering a replacement for both the shower head and plug for the sink. I had thought this had been ordered in December but of course, not. I did decorate for Easter a little to cheer myself up. Some of the decorations hadn't yet arrived but I put up what I did have. 

Luckily, one thing did go right on my return to Nottingham and that was getting the doors replaced downstairs. I'll be sharing a full post soon if not already with all the details so I won't go into it too much here, but I do love the finished product. Of course, things soon took a turn for the worse again as there were yet more delays with the downstairs cloakroom. I really hope it gets finished at some point this year. To cheer myself up, I went to my cousins and got some baby snuggles in. It took some work and a few tears, however I finally got some smiles and giggles, before rocking him to sleep. 

The week ended in the worse way possible. I was sombre all day, crying on and off, dreading the events of the evening. Luke had decided he didn't want to be in touch anymore as he didn't think it was helping me move on and heal, and in some regards I did agree because I was holding onto hope that we would get back together. It was one of the most perfect evenings together as he helped do some DIY jobs around the house. We then ate a takeaway, watching some television and finally said goodbye. It was the hardest day of my life. I can't even write it down at the moment as it doesn't feel real, but hopefully things get better soon.